Schmid has project managed numerous P.R. and strategic marketing campaigns, including the communications end of the first U.S. Slow Food office and winery launches. She has created website storyboards and copy, and coordinated website development, including Domaine Chandon’s online launch and Dalla Terra's site revision.
Original programs created include:
“Vine & Verse,” a gathering of distinguished writers, Pulitzer Prize-winning poets and viticulturists for a weekend and literacy benefit celebrating vine flowering and verse.
M.F.K. Fisher Dinner, a gathering of six top female American chefs (including Lidia Bastianich and Traci des Jardines) celebrating the life of M.F.K. Fisher, which underwrote the Les Dames d’Escoffier’s M.F.K. Fisher Award.
Sangiovese Symposium: first convening of leading Chianti Classico producers and Californian Sangiovese producers to discuss, compare and learn about Sangiovese growing in its traditional home and in the New World.
- LUCE DELLA VITE. As International Marketing Director for Luce della Vite, a high-profile winery joint venture between Robert Mondavi and Marchesi de’ Frescobaldi, oversaw international launches of two wines in six months, distribution, marketing, sales and PR campaigns.
- CONSORZIO DEL GALLO NERO CHIANTI CLASSICO. As U. S. representative for Consorzio del Gallo Nero (now Marchio Storico), developed and implemented educational, marketing and press campaigns for consortium of 600 small Chianti Classico producers.
- METEOR VINEYARD. Developed brand story for super premium new winery and created website content.
- SLOW FOOD. Part of three-member team launch of the first U.S. Slow Food office. Developed successful press and marketing campaigns on a shoestring budget.
- FOOD FORUM. Developed initial concept and programming for National Museum of Qatar’s Food Forum, as well as initial conceptual planning with Jamie Oliver on Qatar school lunch program.